Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:26:30 -0500
From:      tarmon@spamcop.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Disappearing from network (fxp)

I don't believe the other went through. If this gets duped, my apologies.

---

Hello,

        I've been having problems with my test machines disappearing off of the
network. When it happens, the machine does not respond to any incoming traffic.
However, if I ping out, the connection starts working again. I'm guessing the
card is somehow going to sleep and not responding until it sees outgoing
traffic. The ARP entry
still exists on the switch and router. I've had this problem with various
versions of FreeBSD.

The card is the Intel EtherExpress Pro 100+.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike