Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 1999 02:17:26 +0100
From:      "Dave J. Boers" <djb@relativity.student.utwente.nl>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Success with ATA drivers and UDMA66

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that I enabled UDMA66 (by plugging in an 80
conductor cable) on my WDC AC418000D today. The mainboard is an ABit BP6
with builtin Highpoint HPT366 ATA controller.

The system works very nicely. I did some heavy testing in single user mode
by moving several 300 Mb files around between the IDE disk and my other
SCSI disk (which got me a sustained transfer rate of over 10 Mb/sec). Then
I made world. Everything works great (softupdates enabled on all
filesystems except "/").

If someone wants me to do some specific testing, let me know.

Regards,

Dave Boers.

--
  God, root, what's the difference?