Date:      Thu, 04 Jan 2001 15:59:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Chris Andrews <chris@Livecast.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: Please change this

On 04-Jan-01 Chris Andrews wrote:
> TO: WEBMASTER OR PERSON WHO CONTROLS YOUR WEBSITE
>
> It has come to our attention that you are using the term "Livecast" on the
> page referenced below, and possibly other pages.
>
> http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/archive/2000/freebsd-multimedia/20000123.freebs
> d-multimedia.html

Did you look at this page at all?  It is an archive of an _e-mail_ message sent
by a private individual.  In fact, since you have now sent a message to 2 of
our lists that contains the word 'Livecast', you have just added 2 more
messages to the mail archive that search engines will find when the archives
are updated.  Are you going to go through every e-mailbox of every person on
the planet to delete all e-mails containing your company name?  Please be
realistic in this.  The FreeBSD Project just archives mails sent to its lists
by private individuals.  It has no practical or desirable way of controlling
the content that private individuals from all over the planet may send to its
mailing lists.  Note that we aren't providing a competeing product with your
name or anything like that either.