Date:      Sun, 31 Aug 97 23:09:40 -0700
From:      "Studded" <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "Chris Monette" <bmonette@cadvision.com>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD w/ a cable modem

On Sun, 31 Aug 1997 17:54:37 -0600, Chris Monette wrote:

>Hello.. I was just wondering, if I downloaded FreeBSD - would it have
>support for a Coaxial Cable Modem Ethernet connection?

	You won't be able to install it over the cable modem, but you can
download the files to a dos partition over the modem, and install that
way.  Instructions for that are with the distribution you want to
download.

	The thing will run on your system if the ethernet card is
supported, which it most likely is.  You will need a dhcp client, there is
one in ports, and one at www.isc.org.

	Try reading the stuff on www.freebsd.org, especially searching the
mail archives for more details. :)

Good luck,