Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 00:32:56 +0800
From:      Jing-Tang Keith Jang <keith@gate.jtjang.idv.tw>
To:        FUJISHIMA Satsuki <sf@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>, keith@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, taguchi@tohoku.iij.ad.jp
Subject:   Re: ports/24338: [UPDATE] XFree86-4-*

On 03/23/01, FUJISHIMA Satsuki wrote:
> Will Andrews wrote:
> > Did you guys consider upgrading to XFree86 4.0.3?
>
> I wish it works. :)
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~sf/X403-asters-20010323.gz
> (xthreads build problem fixed)

Damn, you're too fast.  My Duron 600 can only build XFree86-4-*
4 to 5 times a day. :-)

They were built flawlessly on my -current machine, except since it
uses our freetype2 port (in XFree86-4-libraries/scripts/configure),
freetype2 should be listed as its *_DEPENDS, otherwise it won't
build.

[reply to your previous message]
> files/manpages does nothing to do with patch(1) but is part of
> Makefile. (.include <${FILESDIR}/manpages>) However breaking it to
> readable style is good idea.

I meant that I couldn't apply your former patch without manually
editing it, due to the long line.  Later versions have no such problem.

Looking forward to see 4.0.3 XFree86-4-* in 4.3R. :-)
--
Less facilities, more enjoyment.