Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 19:50:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Jolley <doug@footech.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   damaged / filesystem

As a result of a power failure, I now have a damaged root
filesystem.  The system seems to think all the inodes have
been used.  I've run fsck; but, it doesn't seem to fix the
problem.  There is very little in the root file system.
(Most everything is in the /var and /usr file systems.)
I have the root file system fully backed up; and, even if
that were not the case, I could easily make a backup copy
of the contents.  My question is:  How can I rebuild the
root filesystem so that I can eliminate this problem?
Thanks for any input.

     ... doug