Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:20:59 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        runge@rostock.zgdv.de (Thomas Runge)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Teletext

As Thomas Runge wrote ...

> But one drawback. The last drivers had some problem switching
> TV stations. It sometimes happens, that the new station has
> no moving picture, just a still pixel garbage but with sound.
> It helps switching up and back to get the right picture. Looks
> like timing problems?

FWIW I see the same symptom running Fxtv on FreeBSD3.2stable with a
Hauppauge WinTV primio. It also helps (in my case) to move the Fxtv
window a bit, or iconise/de-iconise it.

In my case I'm using the drivers that are in -stable, not the latest
beta ones.

bktr0: <BrookTree 878> rev 0x02 int a irq 14 on pci0.10.0
bti2c0: <bt848 Hard/Soft I2C controller>
iicbb0: <I2C generic bit-banging driver> on bti2c0
iicbus0: <Philips I2C bus> on iicbb0 master-only
iicsmb0: <I2C to SMB bridge> on iicbus0
smbus0: <System Management Bus> on iicsmb0
smb0: <SMBus general purpose I/O> on smbus0
iic0: <I2C general purpose I/O> on iicbus0
smbus1: <System Management Bus> on bti2c0
smb1: <SMBus general purpose I/O> on smbus1
Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips PAL I tuner.