Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:59:02 -0400
From:      Bruce Leggett <brucealeg@ngga.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   PKG and RPM and what lib??

All,
I'm new to FreeBSD and have a few questions.

1. I assume PKGs replace RPMs, but can the RPM feature be added if I get it
from rpm.com?? Or do I need to find my fav software in PKG format
exclusively.

2. What Libs version does FreeBSD 3.2 use? I'm use to find stuff that runs in
GLIBC. If I use Linux software with BSD that is GLIBC will it work? IE..will
Quake 3 work under FreeBSD? If things are totally diffrent what do I look for
in a compatible Linux binary?

Any help with these questions is appreciated. Thanks,
--
Bruce Leggett  "CEO"
Next Generation Entertainment "The best games played better"