Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 16:17:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ken Seggerman <suleyman@echonyc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   hoping to install 2.2.5 3-way boot

Gentlemen:

I succeeded in intalling a 4gb hard drive and bringing RAM to the maximum
of 64k.

Now I have Windows95 for about 1.5 gb and FreeBSD 2.2.2 for about .5 gb on
the original 2gb hard drive, now the master, and nothing on the
unformatted 4gb drive, the slave.

The BIOS and Booteasy see the second drive, Windows95 does not, FreeBSD
2.2.2 does and sees it as being twice the size of the first.

I am hoping to partition the 4gb drive in half and put FreeBSD 2.2.5 and
NT on each half, and once this is successful, remove the partition from
the first hard drive allowing Windows95 the full 2gb.

That way I hope to have 3 operating systems each with 2gb of hard-drive
space.

I have the 2.2.5 CDROMs, and a CD-ROM and 3 floppies for NT.

Does it matter which half of the second drive FreeBSD and NT get?
Does it matter which is installed first?

Can I be confident that removing the partition on the first drive will
destroy the 2.2.2 data and not the Windows95 data?

Any suggestions?