Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 20:21:17 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Jesper Wallin" <z3l3zt@phucking.kicks-ass.org>
To:        <security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Is screen really secure?

Hey..

When I started with Linux/Unix security, the first thing I learned was "do
not run a daemon as root as long isn't really require it".. well, when I use
irssi as my primary irc-client which not has any built-in detach function i
use screen instead. When a run a "ps -aux" it shows me screen is runned by
root!?

Example:
root     302  0.0  0.5  1800 1164  ??  Is   Tue04PM   0:01.85 screen irssi

and it's started as user "z3l3zt".. any ideas/suggestions about this?

Jesper aka Z3l3zT