Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 2020 17:46:16 +0100
From:      RW <rwmaillists@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Openness vs. Comfort

On Fri, 12 Jun 2020 15:37:42 +0200
Vincent DEFERT wrote:

> I don't know what you do when you have to solve a problem, but the
> first thing most people do is google for it.
> And what do you get when you google something? Links to web pages.
> Which mean that if answers given on this list had some value, they
> will be invisible to most people.

The mailing lists are archived on various websites that are available
to search engines. In my experience hits on these are more reliable
than information on websites. Howtos quite often contain bad advice
that goes uncorrected.

Forums are similar, but they are fragmented across different websites,
and in my experience they are of lower quality.