Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2000 14:24:26 -0700
From:      Kurtis Smith <ksscendyn@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp newbie one I figured it out just to share exp..

Ok thanks you guys always help me but somehow I
got so pissed I figured it out from yesterday to today.

what I had wrong was the router was set up wrong in my dhcpd.conf
but the most important thing was the SPACING in the actual ppp.conf file..
Dam I was mad when I realized that was all it was for 6 hours trying to get
this..
wore my self thin... Next I re-read the F#&($#  Man page 20 times at least...

Ok here it goes...

hotshoppe# ppp -ddial -nat MYISP

Working in auto mode:
Using interface: tun0
hotshoppe#

Dam finally hehe it started dialing and worked..

If anyone needs help with this send me an email I have more to it more
config files and the dhcpd setup is very important for the
machine to do ip masqeurading..

gateway_enable="YES"
very important that it is yes so your win9x boxes
and the rest of the local lan can get out.. As I found out ...

other then this I found this to be very cool for your email server needs
and maybe a small webserver if you dont get alot of hits..

works great on a p120 with 32megs of ram and a 500meg hard drive..

Oh yeah I reverted back to generic for now the Kernel that is..

Thanks,

Love this os now even more!