Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 1995 13:02:31 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        team_fbf@pristine.com.tw (ywliu)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best way to upgrade to 2.1R ?

> Hi,
>
> Our company , an ISP, uses FreeBSD 2.05R for all servers. Now we decided
> to move up to 2.1R for a more stable environment. After experimenting with
> the upgrade option in the 2.1R installation, it ruins my old 2.05R
> settings at my home. Now I want to know if there is anybody who
> has successfully upgraded from 2.05R to 2.1R manually. I plan to
> do this manually and hope you can help.
>
> Yen-Wei Liu

Closest I have come was taking the 2.0.5R root drive and replacing it with a
2.1.almostR root drive on my news server, and then copying over relevant
files.  Fortunately my tendency not to make gratuitous changes (but to make
specific changes on ALL machines I install) makes it not all that hard, and
all the applications I needed were over in /usr/local.

... Joe