Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 00:47:39 -0400
From:      Jim Conner <jconner@enterit.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   re: qmail vs sendmail (after failed attempts at sending)

>Date:     Wed, 17 May 2000 21:32:28 EST
>From: "Postmaster" <postmaster@enterweb.enterit.com>
>Sender: <postmaster@enterweb.enterit.com>
>To: <jconner@enterit.com>
>Subject:  Undeliverable Mail
>
>Delivery failed 20 attempts: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>

>Original message follows.

>Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 13:24:48 -0400
>To: "Robert Small" <rsmall@pwahec.org>,
>  "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
>From: Jim C <jconner@enterit.com>
>Subject: Re: Guidance with Sendmail or Qmail
>
>IMO sendmail is a breeze to set up where qmail was a bit more detailed and
>structured to get it to work properly.  I actually got qmail and sendmail
>to work together though :)  Sendmail is configured on my machine to use the
>Maildir format mail boxes and I am using qpopper to do the pop3
>service.  The most difficult part of qmail for me was getting qpopper to
>work since it needs an outside bin to do the authentication for it.  The
>instructions on the qmail website are pretty cryptic until you start to
>understand how they are formatted.  Sendmail on the other hand was very
>easy to setup if you go by the README.  It was basicly a set of about 5
>things (commands) you had to do to get it installed and working.  So, imo,
>for your system, sendmail is probably all you need to do the service but if
>you are paranoid about security, qmail is supposed to be extremely more
>secure than sendmail.  I have never had any problems with sendmail though.
>
>- Jim

PS - anyone know why these are not getting through all the time.  This is
the 4th one I have had problems with in the last 2 weeks.

- Jim

>At 11.22 17.05.00 -0500, Robert Small wrote:
> >I'm really new to FreeBSD, I've only been using it for the past two months
> >(and the
> >whole two months I've kicked myself for waiting so long to start using it!).
> >
> >Anyways, I've regerested my domain today, and I was wondering if someone
> >could
> >point me in the right direction for setting up mail, either Sendmail or
> >Qmail.
> >
> >This system will probably have very few users, and is mainly for me and my
>
>[message truncated]

Today's errors, in contrast:
Windows - "Invalid page fault in module kernel32.dll at 0032:A16F2935"
UNIX  - "segmentation fault - core dumped"
Humanous Beingsus - "OOPS, I've fallen and I can't get up"