Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 2000 21:04:32 -0500
From:      Thomas Ewing <Thomas_Ewing@tamu-commerce.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Jounaling File System

I have recently been working on setting up a linux server for archiving
our applications for ne wcomputer installs. One of my concerns with
using linux though, is that it does not have a journaling file system,
so that if a sudden power loss occurs, it is a very tedious and time
consuming task to get the linux box back up and running. Does freebsd
have a journaling file system? I am assuming it does since it is unix
based, but I wanted to be sure before I spent a lot of time setting one
up and then finding out it doesn't.
Thank you,
TONY