Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 20:57:24 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        Richard Martin <dmartin@origen.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make install modules: Error Code 71

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Richard Martin wrote:

> Trying to upgrade to 4.0, cvsup and buildworld OK. However, following
> the instructions in UPDATING, when I run make install in the
> /usr/src/sys/modules directory, I immediately get
>
> install: agp.ko: No such file or directory
> ***Error code 71

I ran into a related problem just a few minutes ago trying to build a
kernel from source cvsup'ed this afternoon. The file agp_if.c does not
exist in /usr/src or anywhere else.

===> agp
@ -> /usr/src/sys
machine -> /usr/src/sys/i386/include
make: don't know how to make agp_if.c. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.
*** Error code 1

> Stop
> ---
>
> What have I overlooked?

I don't think you have overlooked anything.

-ac

Alex Charalabidis (AC8139)            5050 Poplar Ave, Ste 170
Systems Administrator                        Memphis, TN 38157
WebNet Memphis                                  (901) 432 6000
Author, The Book of IRC              http://www.bookofirc.com/