Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 11:54:42 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Malte Lance <malte@webmore.com>
To:        Brendan Kosowski <brendan@bmkind.lnk.telstra.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: DNS question

neuron:# nslookup joebloggs.com
Server:  neuron.webmore.com
Address:  192.168.250.5

*** No address (A) records available for joebloggs.com

So do the suggested thing:

In your zone-file

@               in soa  host1.joebloggs.com. brendan.host1.joebloggs.com. (
                        1998042700      ; Serial
                        3600            ; Refresh
                        900             ; Retry
                        3600000         ; Expire
                        172800 )        ; Minimum
                in ns   <your-NS>.
                in mx   10 <one-MX>.
                in mx   30 <another-MX>.
; for mailers ignoring MX-records
                in a    192.168.250.5

The last line with the IP-addr. does what you are looking for.

Malte.

E-Mail: Malte Lance <malte@webmore.com>
Date: 18-Jun-98
Time: 10:59:52