Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 2009 14:42:11 -0700
From:      "Li, Qing" <qing.li@bluecoat.com>
To:        "Hiroki Sato" <hrs@freebsd.org>, <net@freebsd.org>, <re@freebsd.org>
Cc:        qingli@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: IPv6 regression on 8.x

Hi Hiroki,

> <SNIP>
>
>  1) Scope violation in a simple global unicast address:
>=20
>  2) Issue of subnet-router anycast address with a global address on
>     another I/F:
>
> <SNIP>=20

I have fixed the above regression issues last week, but due to
traveling, I did not commit the fix until about 5 minutes ago.
Please sync-up to "svn-r196569" and let me know how the patch
works out for you.

I have tested the patch myself using your examples and the
patch produces the expected results.

This patch also fixes another issue, and using your example,=20
where packets received on em0 that are destined for either re0=20
or em1 cannot get any response packets.

>=20
>  3) Manually-configured subnet routes disapper on receiving RA:
>=20
>=20
>  --> This symptom occurs on 7.1R and later, including 8.x and
>      9-current, not 7.0R.  Even by doing a manual configuration, the
>      routes on the RA-receiving I/F can not be added.
>=20

The new L2/L3 rewrite only applies to 8.x and 9-current. Since this
symptom occurs also on 7.1R, and this is the first I heard of it,=20
I will investigate further and get back to you, soon.

Thanks,

-- Qing