Date:      Thu, 03 Jan 2013 14:58:15 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <Lgfbsd@Be-Well.Ilk.Org>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Android device problems with MTP ID

Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net> writes:

> On Thursday 03 January 2013 20:34:50 Lowell Gilbert wrote:
>> On my (updated to Android 4.1.1) phone, MTP only works if the phone's
>> USB debugging option is enabled. If it is, usbconfig(8) sees a ugen(4)
>> interface of MTP type; but otherwise it just shows up as a CD device.

> Try to use cdcontrol to eject the CD.

Thanks! That works! [And I can see the logic behind it, even, from a
firmware point of view.]

I should be able to automate the eject command through devd, I think.
It would be nice to put something in the tree that would do that, but
being sure not to catch cases you'd want such a feature would be
error-prone.

I'll move forward on making MTP more convenient on FreeBSD. A lot of
devices are starting to force it on us, and it keeps the device usable
while the computer is accessing its files.

Thanks again!

Be well.
        Lowell
--