Date:      Sat, 05 May 2007 16:52:40 +0100
From:      rjsdg@sapo.pt
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Belkin F5D7050 V3 - FreeBSD 6.2

Grettings from Lisbon, Portugal

I'm struggling to get my Belkin 54g F5D7050 V3 Wireless USB Network =20
card to work in FreeBSD 6.2 and still can't get it work.

When FreeBSD starts gives me the adapter on ugen0 identifying =20
correctly the adapter "ugen0: Belkin 54g Wireless Network Card on =20
address 2". No interface for ifconfig is created and I think due to =20
the adapter been detected as a generic usb device. It's missing the =20
correct driver to load the adapter, correct?

So I tried all the solutions that I've found in the net, ural, ral, =20
ndis (ndisgen with windows drivers), etc.. and still gives me the =20
ugen0 detection. I think that in this last release of FreeBSD only the =20
version 2 of the adapter was considered.

Ndis doesn't work with USB adapters, ural and ral doesn't load the =20
adapter, so I think that a special driver is needed.

Does anyone solved the problem or created the driver for version 3 =20
(Belkin F5D7050 V3xxx) for FreeBSD 6.2?

Thanks for the time,

Best regards

Rodrigo