Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:12:22 +0400
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: doc/ tree frozen (was Re: HEADS UP for /usr/src/release/doc & /usr/doc)

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 13:04:42 +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:

> While I appreciate the sentiment behind your recent commits to doc/, the
> last time we did a rename like this there was a lengthy discussion prior to
> the changes, and we did them by repo-copy.

1) Lengthy discussion already happens in -i18n
2) Repo-copy was done by Peter.

> You haven't arranged for any repo copies to be done, effectively doubling
> the size of the doc/ repo, and there was no discussion of this on doc/.

1) No. Repo-copy happens. Changes in the new files are made because
hardcoded ISO_ path in them.
2) This subject is not related to doc/ area control excepting doc/ must
follow as soon as possible to minimize overal efforts to handle and
maintain names in transition period.

> Until then, I've frozen the doc/ tree -- this is to prevent any further
> commits to the new structure, until we can (I'm assuming) back out your
> changes, and do them by repo-copy.

1) I already finish my changes here and post a note about it.
2) They already done as repo-copy.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://ache.pp.ru/