Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 1998 11:53:05 +0100 (BST)
From:      ruth moulton <ruth@muswell.demon.co.uk>
To:        Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
Cc:        ruth@muswell.demon.co.uk
Subject:   Re: mtools use

Mark
 > 	Note! This will not work if you have a password set for root (which
 > would probably be the case in a commercial environment, but not
 > necessarily on a home machine).
 >
 > 	Now when you want to mount your floppy you simply have to type "pcfs",

I do have a password set on root - not an easy one either - and I
would recommend that people always have one set - especially
'newbies'!:

1. I connect to the internet off and on, to pick up mail and use
 the web etc etc, during that time my system is accessable to
 other hackers on the net

2. being root is potentially dangerous: - "rm * .foo - oops, I typed
an extra space...", let alone the other things one can do - so I
don't want to encourage myself to be root lightly

ruth

Ruth Moulton            ruth@muswell.demon.co.uk
Consultant

65 Tetherdown,
London N.10 1NH, UK     Tel:+44 181 883 5823