Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 1998 17:14:41 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Edwin Culp <eculp@webwizard.org.mx>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Web interface for fxtv.

Edwin Culp:
 |Command line works great.  It doesn't seem to be reading the
 |/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Fxtv file though because I
 |changed the Fxtv.defaultInput:	svideo with no results.  I'll
 |keep looking even though it isn't critical.

Well, it works for me.  I suspect you have this resource set someplace else
such that it overrides your /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Fxtv setting.

Change your defaultInput resource to "svideo" and then run:

       appres Fxtv | grep defaultInput

If this doesn't print "svideo" you have an overriding resource somewhere.
Here are the typical locations, in order of precedence:

       <command line param>
       xrdb -query | grep defaultInput
       user resource files (Fxtv in $XAPPLRESDIR / $XUSERFILESEARCHPATH)
       global app rsrc files (Fxtv in /usr/X11R6/lib/... or $XFILESEARCHPATH)

Note that this search alg is simplified a bit (I skipped some things) but
it'll probably get you where you need to go to find the problem.

 |Thanks again,

Glad to help.

 |P.D. Before I forget, do you know of a cgi/web based interface
 |for fxtv/bt848 ?

No CGI/WEB I/F to Fxtv, but several folks have posted cmd line utils for
capturing pics with the bt848 driver.  Might search the mailing list
archives for details (www.freebsd.org/search.html).  Jonny
(jonny@gta.ufrj.br) wrote one of them for CGI.  Might ask him.

Randall