Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 1997 20:15:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Michael Costa <mcosta@peakaccess.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mount of dos HDD

On Sat, 23 Aug 1997, Michael Costa wrote:

> when I mount my dos HDD it says " Warning root directory is not a multiple
> of the cluster size in length" what does this mean?

This means that your DOS partition's clustersizes are not where FreeBSD
expects them.  You get this if you use FIPS or Partition Magic to shrink
your partitions.  There isnt much you can do for this other than reformat
& reinstall the DOS slice.

Unfrotunately, this means that you cannot access your DOS partitions
without risking corruption.  Dismount the disk immediately and do not
mount them until you resolve the problem.