Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2000 11:36:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        FreeBSD-STABLE <FreeBSD-STABLE@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
Subject:   Re: What does "Voxware still supported in 4.0" mean exactly?

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Kris Kennaway wrote:

>> One particularly worrisome note (well, to me, anyway) that appeared in this
>> thread mentioned the requirement to use "options OLD_ISA" (or something
>> like that) to get Voxware to work in 4.0/CURRENT.  Is support for older,
>> pure ISA machines going away, too?
>
>Get your facts straight:
>
>1) 5.0, not 4.0
>2) No

Do people honestly think ISA support is disappearing?  From an OS that
just released its first version that supports MCA busses?  If anything old,
obscure hardware support is getting better, not going away.  The only
thing going away is the old method of interfacing ISA drivers with the
kernel.  Everything is moving to newbus, and I can think of very few
drivers which aren't making that transition.  And if someone jumped up
and down screaming bloody murder that their favorite driver hadn't been
newbussed yet, and there wasn't a replacement, I'm sure something would
be done.