Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:35:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Viren R.Shah <viren@cigital.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   TI PCI-4451 Cardbus controller?

[running -current from 04/10/01]

I have a Dell Latitude C800 laptop that has 2 Cardbus controllers.

Win2k (I'm dual booting Win2k and FreeBSD) shows the controlers as:

TI PCI-4451 Cardbus Controllers

with the following resources (for the first one):

IRQ: 9

Memory Range: EFFFF000 - EFFFFFFF
	      FFB7F000 - FFB7FFFF
	      FF800000 - FF9FFFFF
Memory Range: 000DF000 - 000DFFFF

I didn't note down the I/O Ranges.

I compiled a NEWCARD (stock) kernel and it didn't complete booting
(but that was cause of the dirpref changes)...the problem is that it
also didn't recognize the Cardbus controllers.

What do I need to do in order to make it recognize them? I need to put
a vendor id in pccbbreg.h I assume, but where do I get he vendor ID
from?

Thanks for any help

Viren
--
"Progress (n.) : The process through which Usenet has evolved from
 smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of