Date:      Wed, 05 Jan 2000 16:45:18 -0600
From:      Richard Martin <dmartin@origen.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kern.secure and ipfw options

I can't seem to find any documentation on this one anywhere.

I am running F'BSD 3.3 R/0 with a kern.securelevel=1 and a firewall through
ipfw.

Firewall loads fine on boot. The problem is that after the kernel security
level is bumped up to 1 on boot, ipfw no longer recognizes the 'setup'
option..  Re-running rc.firewall right after boot causes each line with the
setup option to fail.  Ditto on running the same command from the prompt, but
when the 'setup' option is dropped, the command is added to the list. No schg
flags are set except on the kernel.

Is rebooting the only way to modify the firewall?  Do I need to go to single
user mode to re-run the rc.firewall script?

Thanks for your help,

--
Richard Martin       dmartin@origen.com

OriGen Biomedical    Tel: +1 512 474 7278
2525 Hartford Rd.    Fax: +1 512 708 8522
Austin, TX 78703     http://www.formed.net