Date:      Thu, 5 Feb 1998 14:36:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pci NE2000 probes as ed2 not ed0 ?!

--0-1711394-886694729=:16907

On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Stephen Roome wrote:
> I've just installed 2.2.5 on a blank box, recompiled a kernel and for some
> reason the net card won't come up as ed0, only ed1 or ed2 depending on the
> kernel config file.

That's normal, at least for the PCI NE2000 we use.

Just specify ed2 in your rc.conf entry and everything will
work fine.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com

--0-1711394-886694729=:16907--