Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 1998 10:59:47 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:  The FreeBSD lounge...

>From: Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
>Subject: The FreeBSD lounge...
>
>Of course it would be great if there was also some content being
>transmitted... even background music from some radio station if
>necessary... One thing i suggest, if possible, is to default formats
>etc to something that can be carried on modem lines, i.e. GSM audio and
>low-bandwidth, low resolution video.

Actually, this content is already available on the Mbone.  ``Places
all over the world'' usually has low bandwidth video and there are
about 10 radio stations who transmit stuff.

I think the Lounge could be used as a place to meet, chat, and
exchange ideas -- the problem is we really need some people to
just hang out on a regular basis.  If there is interest in this,
I can start up the announcement for the Lounge again.

	-Jim