Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 08:51:39 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Anastasia Leventi-Peetz <leventi@fgan.de>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, users@ipv6.org, ted@ness.plymouth.edu
Cc:        Dave.Marquardt@Sun.COM, M@MLNET.NET, bill@wjv.com, sshah@clickarray.com
Subject:   Re: freeBSD-Linux SuSE via ftp

Hello Steve, hello Ted, hallo Matthew hello Bill and hello Dave!

thanks a lot for your advices. You were right. In the far machine I didn't
have the client ftp pc in /etc/hosts and I thought I didn't need it
because the target pc is also the name server. However I had not
made possible for the name server the reverse name resolution because
I thought it was not necessary. I find it curious that though reverse
name resolution doesn't work, I did come through but it took time.
What was the compromise done by the system in this case?
When I made the suggested change in /etc/hosts there was not delay
like you have said!

The passive mode is a very interesting point. I didn't know that before.
For the case it couldn't help of course.