Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 17:47:29 +0200
From:      Christophe Prévotaux <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Gateway SOLO 2150

Hi

I own a Gateway SOLO 2150 + Integrated Ethernet
(for which I do not know the chipset used ( if someone else knows
please tell me )

I also have a Lucent Orinoco (ex Wavelan)PCMCIA Gold Card ( 802.11b Wireless adapter)
and a DLINK DFE-660 PCMCIA (Cardbus) Ethernet card

Since I have had this laptop none of these cards have ever worked under FreeBSD
I am now using FreeBSD 4.3 RELEASE

When inserting either DF660 or Orinoco Gold PCMCIAs FreeBSD just instantly freezes

I have been using these cards on this same laptop using NetBSD 1.5 and up
and all the cards are fully fonctionnal under this OS.

I have been wondering why I can't use FreeBSD with the same hardware setup

Does anyone has a solution to these problems under FreeBSD ?

I also noticed something which I think is more related to X
when configuring X under this NetBSD or FreeBSD I can't get X
to display properly , the screen is all garbaged (buttons are
split in 3 parts and obviously screen sync is wrong )

However under Linux (Debian) everything works fine

I anyone needs more informations or wants to have run some
tests or collect whatever information I can supply about my
hardware + my FreeBSD setup , I'll gladly comply to any such
requests.

Christophe Prevotaux                  Email: c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr
HEXANET SARL                            URL: http://www.hexanet.fr/
Z.A Farman Sud                          Tel: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 05
9 rue Roland Coffignot               Direct: +33 (0)3 26 79 08 02
BP415                                   Fax: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 06
51689 Reims Cedex 2
FRANCE