Date:      Sun, 4 Feb 1996 14:56:53 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        kimc@w8hd.org (Kim Culhan)
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: majors.i386

Kim Culhan stands accused of saying:

> While sup'ing -stable from the sup3 site I noticed it deleted
> sys/i386/conf/majors.i386
>
> This was recently obtained during a failed attempt from freefall, is
> this delete Ok?

Since most sup users are the reticent technical types, I'll stand up and
SHOUT ABOUT THIS REALLY LOUDLY.

_DO_NOT_SUP_FROM_FREEFALL_

Freefall is _overloaded_.  It is _sinking_.  It is the sole cause for true
concern about landfill subsidence in that area.

If you are in the US, rummage through the .freebsd.org domain; I can resolve
sup2, sup3 and sup4, I'm sure there are more that aren't in there yet.

If you're overseas, there's likely a server nearer to you; here we have
sup.au.freebsd.org, and sup2.au... at least.

If you sup from Freefall, your hair will fall out, you will give birth to
small hairy aliens that will eat your socks, and _weird_ things may
happen to the state of your source tree.

Pick a _single_ supserver, and stick with it.  You may be half a day or
so behind the bleeding edge, but that will let the commit mails get to
you before you hose everything.

> kim

]] "wherever you go, there you are" - Buckaroo Banzai                   [[