Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:09:47 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Extracting distfiles with different methods

I've been beating my head against the wall over this one..

Working on the (broken - distfiles survey) lang/scm port, the
distfiles are now utilise two different packaging methods
(a couple of .zip's and a .tar.gz)

Similarly, there's a minor issue with graphics/wmicons and
x11-wm/windowmaker, where both require WindowMaker-extra-0.1.

x11-wm/windowmaker uses the bzip2 version (since the the actual
windowmaker tarball is also bzip2'd), but graphics/wmicons uses
the gzip'd version (since all the other distfiles associated with
the port are also gzip'd).

In Windowmaker's case, this results in two distfiles, where only
one is really needed:

-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  238844 Apr  1  1999 WindowMaker-extra-0.1.tar.bz2
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  238018 Apr  1  1999 WindowMaker-extra-0.1.tar.gz

and we have to hope that they never move entirely to bzip2, otherwise
graphics/wmicons will break.

In the case of lang/scm, I'm stuck :)

Any ideas on how to get around this sensibly?

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.