Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2000 00:48:56 +1000
From:      David Hobley <davidh@optushome.com.au>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   libfontmanager.so link error (runtime)

Hello,

I compiled up the Java2 as patched with the -4 patchset.
I also included the iomgr.c patch for FreeBSD 4 and everything
built just swimmingly. When I try to run though, I get:

% java mainclass
Warning: JIT compiler "sunwjit" not found. Will use interpreter.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/scratch/jdk1.2.2/build/freebsd/lib/i386/libfontmanager.so:
/scratch/jdk1.2.2/build/freebsd/lib/i386/libfontmanager.so:
Undefined symbol "__pure_virtual"
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1319)
<yada, yada, yada>

Is this some problem with the compiler?
--
Cheers,