Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:01:08 +0200
From:      Socketd <db@traceroute.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FTP forwarding

Hi all

I know this is not a FreeBSD question, but I hope someone can help me.
I have one global IP and a cisco router. On my LAN I have 3 FreeBSD 4.7
servers. On one server I run the standard ftpd, so I have to forward
ftp traffic to that server. I should forward:
21 and 49152-65535, right? Also port 20?
Btw, I know how to make the router forward one port, but can I just
write
ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.2 49152-65535 interface dialer0
49152-65535 to forward all those ports?

In the future I will also run httpd, smtpd, sshd and pop3d (and maybe
imapd) servers, do any of these need some special ports above 1024?

br
socketd