Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:04:49 +0200
From:      "Erik U." <erik.u@dnainternet.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   unable to set volume

First i want to tell you that this is my first message to
freebsd-stable@freebsd.org :)

Here is the problem:
The volume doesn't change at all when i have set pcm or vol in mixer to
1-100. But when it's 0 in pcm, it mutes. I have integrated soundcard in
epox 8rda3g motherboard and i'm getting quite desperate getting it fully
working. And no i will not change to linux, i was just hoping if anyone
could tell me if i have set anything wrong. In xmms i'm forced to use
esound output plugin to be able to set volume. And i believe i'm using
the right audio output line, becouse other ones didnt work. So has
anyone else encoutered problems like this?

[erik@koti] /home/erik $ dmesg | grep pcm
pcm0: <Nvidia nForce2> port 0xd800-0xd87f,0xd400-0xd4ff mem
0xef001000-0xef001fff irq 5 at device 6.0 on pci0
pcm0: <C-Media Electronics CMI9739 AC97 Codec>

[erik@koti] /home/erik $ sysctl -a | grep snd
hw.snd.targetirqrate: 32
hw.snd.report_soft_formats: 1
hw.snd.verbose: 1