Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 2015 08:10:05 +0300
From:      Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        marcel@FreeBSD.org, Steve Kiernan <stevek@juniper.net>, brooks@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: r286727 breaks geom_md.ko loading

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 03:00:19AM +0300, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
>   Hi!
>
>   There is regression after r286727. Our dynamic kernel linker doesn't
> support weak symbols, so the geom_md.ko can no longer be loaded dynamically
> neither from loader nor at runtime. Having it statically in kernel is
> the only working option.

Perhaps, something could be fixed in the dynamic linker ?

I checked both i386 and amd64, and on both arches I can load geom_md.ko.
On the other hand, I do not use preloaded mfs images.  Can you explain
how to reproduce the issue, and what linker is affected ?  Note that we
have two kernel dynamic linkers, one is used on amd64 and mips, second one
is for all other architectures.