Date:      Mon, 2 Jun 2014 03:57:09 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: print/cups-base won't build due to dwarf error in /usr/bin/ld

With which options are you building this port?  The error indicates that
you are building with the PHP bindings. Correct?

If you are, could you check on the contents of
/usr/ports/print/cups-base/work11/stage/usr/local/lib/php/20100525/? Is the
directory even there? I'm going to guess the answer will be "no". The
pkglist contains "%%PHP%%lib/php/%%PHP_EXT_DIR%%/phpcups.so", so it should
be staged, but I'm guessing that it is not.

I'm still a novice at this whole staging thing, but it looks like this is
not working right.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired

I already ran "make clean" so I no longer have the work11 directory.

Now I don't intend to do anything further until cups 1.7.3 comes to ports.  I had thought of porting it myself, but now I have another, bigger problem that will force a sojourn to NetBSD.

I checked from Lynx, cups 1.7.2 has been taken down on cups.org, no longer downloadable, in favor of 1.7.3.

I just updated FreeBSD-current from source, at what proves to be a bad time.

FreeBSD amelia4 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #6 r266948: Sun Jun  1 19:12:44 UTC 2014     root@amelia4:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SANDY11NC  amd64

This was for both amd64 and i386.  I noticed changes in re Ethernet driver

total 108
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  110439 Jun  1 16:23 if_re.c

but this leaves the same old bug, I can't connect by Ethernet from FreeBSD; NetBSD and Linux OK; same old bug as in OpenBSD and DragonFly.

I also notice

root@amelia4:~ # ls -l /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/wlan

total 1164

-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel   65759 Jun  1 16:23 if_rsu.c

-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel   19964 Jun  1 16:23 if_rsureg.h

(snip)

but this is a change for the worse.  I can still connect with Hiro H50191 USB-stick wireless adapter, but connection is quickly lost.  Xorg is also very crash/freeze-prone.

I type this at a newcons with vi, not daring to venture into X.  I plan to send this with msmtp if I can get the wireless connection up just briefly, otherwise from NetBSD.

I also have  FreeBSD 10-stable installation: amd64 on hard drive, i386 on 32 GB Kingston Data Traveler USB 3.0.

Now I will really be slowed down in responding on this list.

Tom