Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:00:45 +0930
From:      <imoore@picknowl.com.au>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   CUPS port problems

Hi,
I used to have cups running quite nicely until I upgraded my system to
4.8-Release (a fresh install afer fdisking the drive). When I installed CUPS
on my new system and tried to add a printer, I got the message
Error: The printer name may only contain up to 127 printable characters.
It say this regardless of what I call the printer.

I fooled around a bit looking on the cups site & mailing lists & this list
for clues, but came up with nothing, so I left it for a while.
Now I've cvsuped my ports tree, removed cups from my system and kde which
had installed cups-base, and deleted any leftover traces I could find. Then
I installed the new port, plus gimp-print.
Now when I try to add a printer, I get exactly the same error. The error log
file doesn't show any error messages.

Has anyone got any come accross this or have any suggestions?

Cheers,
Ian