Date:      Sun, 21 May 2000 09:17:35 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>, Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
Cc:        jlemon@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, ps@FreeBSD.ORG, Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca
Subject:   Re: FTP proxy without translation no longer working? (fwd)

In message <20000521102808.C5468@prism.flugsvamp.com>, Jonathan Lemon writes:
> On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 02:28:30PM +1000, Darren Reed wrote:
> > Jonathan,
> >          Can you please back these changes out for 4.0_STABLE ?  They appea
> > to interfere with the operation IP Filter.  I'm happy for these to on the
> > head and for there to be work required to get things working again.  If I
> > don't hear/see from you within the next week, I'll assume that you otherwis
> > are not that concerned and offer to backout the changes myself.
>
> Well, instead of backing the changes out, how about we fix the problem
> instead?  I'm not familiar with IPFilter, but I know that there were
> some initial problems with ipfw, perhaps the problems here are similar.

[comments irrelevant to my reply removed]

> I don't know where IPFilter hooks into the stack, so I don't know
> where the appropriate point to put this would be.

While we're at it, would it be possible to import IP Filter 3.4.3
into the -current branch, for merge into -stable before 4.1 or 4.2?
This will bring IPv6 support into the "native" IP Filter packaged
with FreeBSD.

Team Leader, Sun/DEC Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC