Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 2020 21:32:33 -0500
From:      Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>
To:        Dmitrii Postolov <dpostolov@yandex.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: EFISYS shortcuts on Xfce desktops

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 8:57 PM Dmitrii Postolov <dpostolov@yandex.ru> wrote=
:

> Hi!
>
> Recently (I find it difficult to give an exact date), on my computer with=
 FreeBSD there is a situation when there are 2 EFISYS shortcuts on the desk=
top with Xfce 4.14 (without plugged sticks). In other Unix-like operating s=
ystems under Xfce there is no such problem. Is it possible to solve the pro=
blem?

> dmitrii@nuc7:~ % uname -a
> FreeBSD nuc7 12.1-STABLE FreeBSD 12.1-STABLE r363918 GENERIC  amd64
>
> Intel NUC7PJYH MiniPC.
>
> Screenshot: https://yadi.sk/i/4fQZyK_o-yhUdQ

Applications -> Settings- > Desktop -> Icons tab -> Default Icons ->
Removable Devices, Unselect "Other Devices"

i'm not sure if there's a more granular way to do this. Alternatively,
you could create a /boot/efi or /boot/msdos or similar and mount it at
boot so that xfce doesn't even try it. EFISYS =3D EFI System Partition
("ESP"). Unsure why it's identified in the "Removable Device"
category.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans