Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 1998 08:19:01 -0700
From:      Sean Harding <sharding@gutenberg.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Numard (Norberto Meijome)" <numard@smartmedia.com.ar>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: What do i need to use X remotely?

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Numard (Norberto Meijome) wrote:

> I'm also using Linux here, so i was thinking how could i export the
> DISPLAY to my Linux (from X-progs. in FreeBSD, such as X-emacs,etc).

You really should use Secure Shell (ssh) for this sort of thing, rather
than telnet. And it handles all of the x-forwarding issues for you. No
need to play with environment variables and xhost.

Sean

--
Sean Harding sharding@oregon.uoregon.edu|"It's not a habit, it's cool.
http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~sharding/ | I feel alive."