Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 20:05:59 -0600
From:      Eric Brueggmann <brueggma@snoopie.yi.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw/gateway

Hello,

	I was wondering if any knows where I can find some info on setting
up a firewall with ipfw and allowing all the boxes behind the gateway/firewall
access to the net.  I thought this would do it:

        # Allow all from the inside.
        ${fwcmd} add pass all from any to any via ${iif}
        ${fwcmd} add pass all from any to any out via ${oif}

but it dosen't quite work.  I still can't check out the  web from behind
the firewall.  I'm using the "simple" ipfw firewall with the only modifications
above.  I was unable to ping the gateway/firewall from the client till I added
those rules.  Should I setup a proxy?  But how am I gonna use napster?  ;-)
Or am I just plain confused on how this all works?  Is there an easier way,
then setting up a complicated ipfw rule set?

				Thanks for any input,
				Eric Brueggmann

P.S. Please cc to my e-mail, I usually don't follow questions@.