Date:      Thu, 17 May 2007 10:57:19 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Nick Jagger" <nckjagger@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: smartmontools on Compaq smart array fails

smartmontools isn't the appropriate program

you need to use a program called idacontrol

get it from ftp.jurai.net/users/winter/idacontrol.tar

More on PR i386/70482

Use smartmontools on ATA disks.  Your 360 uses SCSI disks
on a proprietary controller which doesen't support the interface
needed to run it.

Ted