Date:      Wed, 1 Aug 2001 07:52:43 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone know if an imap mail notifier?

Oh, yes.  I am running FreeBSD 4.3 with Sendmail -> Procmail -> Cyrus
imap.  I also use fetchmail to snatch mail from a couple pop servers
and dump it into designated folders.

I know there are easier ways to set up mail, but I do like to get it
from any number of machines.  Anything with an imap client will do
(though not as well as mutt :).

Anyway, I am noticing that as I get more and more involved in a
development project, or some other interesting problem, I check my
mail less and less.  Not good if someone needs a quick response.

I checked the ports directory for mail notifiers, but AFAICT they are
all pop/mbox oriented.  I'd love to take on just such a new tool, but
I just got real busy at work (hence my current notification problem).

BTW, I am using Mutt 1.3.19 with imap enabled and the vvv nntp patches
for newsreading (a bit slow, but very nice otherwise - love those
server hooks).

Anyway again, If anyone knows of just such a tool in existence, I'd
appreciate knowing.

Lou

On 08/01/01 02:47 PM, Odhiambo Washington sat at the `puter and typed:
> * Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net> [20010801 14:36]: writing on the subject 'Anyone know if an imap mail notifier?'
> Louis> Hey all.  Quick question - does anyone know of a mail notifier similar
> Louis> to biff or xbiff that will notify you of incoming mail on an imap
> Louis> server?  I use Mutt, so don't anyone tell me that Netscape already
> Louis> does :)
>
> Hi Louis,
>
> Does mutt support IMAP?
>

> -Wash
>
> --
> Odhiambo Washington
> Wananchi Online Ltd.,
> wash@wananchi.com 1st Flr Loita Hse.
> Tel: 254 2 313985 Loita Street.,
> Fax: 254 2 313922 PO Box 10286,00100-NAIROBI,KE.
>
> A farmer is a man outstanding in his field.

Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

Mitchell's Law of Committees:
  Any simple problem can be made insoluble if enough meetings are
  held to discuss it.