Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 2004 13:17:55 -0500
From:      Bob Johnson <bob89@bobj.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        GP <hueygeorge@comcast.net>
Subject:   Re: no support!

On Sunday 21 March 2004 12:00 pm, Chris <Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>>
wrote:
> On Sunday 21 March 2004 10:53 am, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > I'd be curious as to what brands of CDrom/DVDs he's running myself
> > ... I've never had a problem loading up on any CDRom I've ever
> > used, and I thought that CDroms were pretty standard, like
> > floppies, nowadays ..

> Let's look at his wording - The last line. Compatible or supported by
> you (meaning FreeBSD I assume).
>
> So - where did he buy this box? Did he order it via The "Mall"? Is it
> some other vender like cheap CD's or what ever it's called.
>
> I find this very hard to believe - so with that, Why not look to your
> PC's bios and ensure that your CD Reader is set as the 1st boot
> device.
>
> Then we'll work from there.

I interpreted it to mean that his CD and DVD drives were not compatible
with FreeBSD.  I have some old drives that "are not compatible".  One
is so old it won't read a CD-R, for instance.  Another few cannot boot,
but I can install FreeBSD with them if I create boot floppies, as
described in the instructions.

More detail about his specific problems would certainly help.

- Bob