Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 2002 04:47:54 +0200
From:      Cyrille Lefevre <cyrille.lefevre@laposte.net>
To:        Jay Sachs <jay@eziba.com>
Subject:   Re: ssh to remote machines problem after cvsup

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 02:10:19PM -0400, Jay Sachs wrote:
> Doug Barton wrote:
> > Jay Sachs wrote:
> > > There are those of us who consider the protocol switch a good change,
> > So you are free to do that on your systems. The problem is, whether you
> > think it's a good idea or not, it's already catching people by surprise,
> > and locking them out of their systems. The change should be reverted.
>
> It just seems that changes are being made in response to vocal users who
> read neither UPDATING nor the headsup to the -stable list.
> Unfortunately, when changes feel "right" to people, it's typical
> to remain silent; hence I voiced my preference, being a -stable tracker
> but non-committer.

the problem here isn't the Protocol switch which is valiable.
it is the OpenSSH bug which fail to fallback from v2 to v1 when not
available. so, Doug is right and I'm w/ him when he though that
shouldn't happen until this `feature' isn't fixed and arguing than
UPDATING is the solution is too simple. this commit break some
installation in a way it shouldn't. point.

Cyrille.
--
Cyrille Lefevre                 mailto:cyrille.lefevre@laposte.net