Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:23:40 +0000 (GMT)
From:      O Stockhammer <oliver@stockhammer.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   signal 11 errors from cc1 while making kernel.

Hello,
	I am continuously plagued with the following errors:

cc -c -O -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual
-fformat-extensions -ansi -g -nostdinc -I- -I. -I../.. -I../../../include
-D_KERNEL -include opt_global.h -elf  -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2
../../pci/ncr.c
cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/compile/COSMOS.

when running make on my kernel named COSMOS.  My machine frequently
reboots as well.  Signal 11 is listed as "11) SIGSEGV", which I assume to
be a segment violation.  I am suspicious of a hardware issue on my server,
possibly bad memory or an issue on the motherboard.  I cannot confirm my
suspicions, as I am trying to build a debug kernel without success.  Any
insight into either problems (the frequent crashing and rebooting or the
signal 11 problems with the kernel make) would be appreciated.

I am running a dual pentium 166 with the following FreeBSD Release:

FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE #0: Mon Aug 14 13:29:21 GMT 2000

Take Care,
Oliver Stockhammer