Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:07:34 +0200
From:      wibble <wibble@obsidian.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound woes (ducks for flame)

Hello all...

Okay.. I've searched the archives and read almost every post on sound,
I've Man'd snd, pcm and sbc. I've looked in the handbook. I've
recompiled my kernel about eight times on a VERY VERY (let me stress
this) -=*****VERY*****=- slow machine and I'm out of patience :)

So can ANYONE PLEASE help me out.  The card does work - I've booted off
a dos disk and run the Creative Diagnose thing. The sound plays. The
card is not plug and play but is software settable. I went for the
defaults - IRQ 5 LowDMA 1 HighDMA 5 port 220.

So now what do I put into the kernel to make this puppy play nice?

PCM doesn't work. Niether does PCM0 at? blah blah..... I've tried with
the sb bridging driver. So now, what in you professional opinions, would
work best?

Frustrated regards
warren