Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:07:12 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Garret R Spears" <spearsg@gte.net>
Cc:        "freeBSD Info" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: miibus_if.h

> From: "Garret R Spears" <spearsg@gte.net>
> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:06:10 -0800
> Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> Kent or all,
> Ref: release 4.0, i386, setting up Netgear FA311/FA312 network
>
> In trying to build it into a new kernel I got as far as "make depend"
> and an include file was not there; miibus_if.h.
> Is there a possibility that it wasn't in the original release?  Any
> clues as to what package it might be in?

Garret,

You need to restore "device	miibus" to you kernel configuration. Most
Ethernet drivers require the miibus device. The config process does not
copy the header file into the build directory unless the device is in
the configuration file.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)